Squatters broke in a month ago in DeKalb county GA

Squatters broke in a month ago in DeKalb county GA

Rental Property Investor · Harts, WV · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hello,

I help owners of a condo that was broken into recently by squatters.
The police insist we need to file an eviction.

As much as I know squatters don't get tenant rights that fast in GA.

I called several lawyer and each one gave me a different answer.

Does anyone know the law regarding this matter

0Reply
19 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 339 posts · 325 votes
    6y

    @Or Laor Stern this is why many contractors in Seattle carry guns

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    @Or Laor Stern  I'd call the police again and tell them it is a break and enter.  Then do everything you can to make their life hell.  Are you able to turn off the water and electricity?

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Or Laor Stern. What happened?

  • Rental Property Investor · Harts, WV · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I still wait for Tuesday to get more answers from lawyers

  • Rental Property Investor · Harts, WV · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

    @Or Laor Stern  I'd call the police again and tell them it is a break and enter.  Then do everything you can to make their life hell.  Are you able to turn off the water and electricity?

    The Police marshal was there on another eviction. he met with the security company we got there and told him he is not allowed to get in. This doesn't make any sense 

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Or Laor Stern:
    Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

    @Or Laor Stern  I'd call the police again and tell them it is a break and enter.  Then do everything you can to make their life hell.  Are you able to turn off the water and electricity?

    The Police marshal was there on another eviction. he met with the security company we got there and told him he is not allowed to get in. This doesn't make any sense 

    The security guy can't get into the unit or the squatter?  Wonder what would happen if one 'squatter' (aka security or friend) broke in and replaced the original squatter?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.