Has anyone used for prop management in Orlando area?

Has anyone used for prop management in Orlando area?

San Mateo, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I received a flier from Great Jones. They offer 8% management fee, no yearly contract, and 37% leasing fee. Sounds like a better deal than with current property management team. So I am considering it. I would like this community’s comments.

One drawback is that they offer self showings with a simple credit card check. I think this method is risky, as anyone can ruin the place without an agent as chaperone. Your thoughts?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 355 posts · 380 votes
6y

@John S., I've never experimented with the self showing system because I agree that it seems risky. At the very least it introduces some unnecessary risk, including potentially a squatting situation. Hit me up with a PM if you want to talk more.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hi John,

    Complete transparency - I work at Great Jones Property Management. We use self-showing technology for each turn. Our goal is to decrease vacancy time and self-showing technology eliminates the back and forth of scheduling which has proven to get more prospective tenants in the door and rent the units faster. 

    Prospective tenants must upload a selfie of themselves and their credit card information to help eliminate the risk of any sort of vandalism or theft. Our leasing agents then reach out to the tenant to discuss their thoughts on the property as well as the next steps and to ensure the property is just as it was when they got there. For an extra step of protection, we do have an insurance policy on each lockbox just in case, however, we have never had to use it.

    I hope this helps! 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 355 posts · 380 votes
    6y

    @John S., I've never experimented with the self showing system because I agree that it seems risky. At the very least it introduces some unnecessary risk, including potentially a squatting situation. Hit me up with a PM if you want to talk more.

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 123 posts · 65 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @John S.:

    I received a flier from Great Jones. They offer 8% management fee, no yearly contract, and 37% leasing fee. Sounds like a better deal than with current property management team. So I am considering it. I would like this community’s comments.

    One drawback is that they offer self showings with a simple credit card check. I think this method is risky, as anyone can ruin the place without an agent as chaperone. Your thoughts?

    Hello John, Finding the right property management company is the most important piece of the puzzle. I recommend asking the PM you are going with a couple of questions before making the decision:

    Do you mark-up maintenance and repairs?

    What does your screening process look like?

    Do you charge any fees if the unit is vacant?

    What are your management fees?

    What is the best way to communicate with your team and what options do I have?

    If I want to cancel my management agreement do I have to pay any fees?

    How do you determine the rent amount?

    How do you market vacant units?

    What kind of software do you use?

    Good luck!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.