Insulation in Attic of Investment property

Insulation in Attic of Investment property

Eric FernandoPro Member
Montague, NJ · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 9 votes
I recently purchased an investment property in Morris County NJ, but the attic insulation needs to be redone. I have a few contractors come out to give me estimates. but the estimates are all over the place. I am putting Applegate cellulose R-38.( around 12inches). The attic size is around 500 sq.ft. Approximately how much should I pay for the insulation, sanitize and remove existing insulation, air-sealing per sq. ft.?. The property is located in Morris County, NJ.
0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    What's wrong with the present insulation? Can you blow in some fiberglass on top of it?

  • Contractor · Coachella Valley, CA · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 176 votes
    6y

    Is the interior of the property flat roof at 8-ft height with ample room in attic space?  Or our ceilings voltage requiring blown in insulation?

  • Real Estate Broker · North Caldwell, NJ · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Eric, if time isn't a factor I'd recommend doing it yourself.  Just measure how much you need, buy it at home depot, roll it out, hit it with a slap stapler and you're done.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.