Rental Property Investor · Spring Grove, PA (17362) · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 4 votes
Hey BP community.
I have a rental property in York County PA. If my tenants are impacted by the Coronavirus scare, can they still be evicted?
(This will be my first time going through something like this, so I do not know if eviction laws are changed when their is a nationwide scare that leads to peoples work places being shutdown.)
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Derek Askew in theory yes, but it will become a judgement call by the judge who presides the case - which really depends on your locale.
If it were me, I would try to work out a deal with the tenant that works for both of you. Maybe they pay half the rent now and the other half on the 15th. Or something.
This will not only give a little leeway, but also show to the judge that you tried to work with the tenant if it does come to eviction.
I can’t imagine most judges kicking someone out with the way this is going right now if the landlord is being hard-nosed. Just my opinion though.