PayLease Vs Buildium: battle of property management Software

PayLease Vs Buildium: battle of property management Software

Real Estate Broker · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 196 posts · 191 votes

What property management software do you like best?

We are opening our property management division soon and want to ensure we use the BEST tools.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 640 posts · 457 votes
6y

how many units are you managing or expect to be managing? The larger offerings give you more room to grow and have more advanced features, but can be significantly more expense. Appfolio falls into this category, with Buildium not far behind 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 640 posts · 457 votes
    6y

    how many units are you managing or expect to be managing? The larger offerings give you more room to grow and have more advanced features, but can be significantly more expense. Appfolio falls into this category, with Buildium not far behind 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I had Buildium and loved it. Switched to Appfolio because I felt it would grow better as I expanded and love it too. You can't go wrong with either in most cases though perhaps at 500 units or so Appfolio might be considered better. Buildium is a bit more user friendly perhaps though I haven't kept up with it in the past 18 months. Also hear that Buildium is better for owner/managers, though I've had minimal issues as an owner/manager with Appfolio.

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    We manage our 49 units with Buildium. I really like it. We use the online rent payments, paynearme, accounting ledgers, property listings, work order system, and e-leasing. I am also currently learning to use happy inspector for move-in/move-out checklists and it looks like it will be very useful as well.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.