I have 2 rentals in southeast PA that I recently purchased. Both will be ready to rent shortly. What are other landlords doing with new purchases, turnover properties, etc? Is it worth trying to continue as usual? I'm concerned about renting it only to find out my new tenant lost their job and cannot pay being forced to deal with evictions. I'm also not looking forward to carrying the mortgages long term. I'm also not 100% sure how showings would work given the shelter in place orders.
Very curious what others are doing. Appreciate any thoughts!!
Long Island, NY · Member since 2019 · 97 posts · 55 votes
6y
@Matt S. - Try to get your property manager or realtor to aim for Section 8 tenants, as these tenants are really recession proof, given the government pays for most of the rent. As for showings, have your realtor create a virtual tour during the current situation.