May Rents - Who has received rent or does not expect to receive

May Rents - Who has received rent or does not expect to receive

Specialist · Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2017 · 485 posts · 415 votes

May Rents - Who has received rent or does not expect to receive their Rent ?
. I received an early rent check from 1 tenant for May 2020 and do not anticipate any late payments. (Will wait and see)

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Chattahoochee, FL · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    I'm not expecting any tenants to miss rent, but I only have 7 tenants if that's worth anything in this discussion. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Well, April's rents were all paid, and the stimulus checks and unemployment benefits (with $600 bonuses) have gone out since then. And no tenants have reached out to me. So...I'm expecting rent from everybody. One tenant paid May rent this morning, and they are almost always 1-2 days late!

    One tenant did give notice that they will not be renewing their lease, so they'll be moving out May 31. They're buying a house, so that's great for them! We changed our policy and now will not show the unit until they are completely moved out. But, with good pics, maybe somebody decides they want the unit without an in-person showing. One can always hope.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Red Bank, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I am expecting all. I have 2 units that are service workers, I have not heard from them- but as always I am willing to work with them. The remaining are teleworking and a retiree. I won't be getting Zelles until next week.

    I am interested in knowing how many of the braggadocios landlords who declared "cancel rent April" will be cancelling May's and Junes as well. (I think it is only fair under the terms of their "non-business" reasoning).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.