Purchasing a beach condo in PCB Florida. Need adice on management

Purchasing a beach condo in PCB Florida. Need adice on management

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 25 votes

I'm in the process of purchasing an investment oceanfront condo in PCB and wanted some input on Vacasa?  The company is currently managing the property but their fees seem steep. If anyone is currently using them can you tell me as a property owner how you like them and would you recommend.......

Thank you!

Robin

2Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    Hi Helen, thanks for responding. I’m looking to maybe self manage if I can find the right people to hire. Any references? I’ll need a housekeeper and a maintenance person to fix anything that might go wrong in the unit. 

    Thank you! 

  • Property Manager · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Hi Robin, unfortunately I don't have references in the PCB area...yet :) I'm looking into acquiring a rental there as well and can share more info once I have them. With regards to cleaning and maintenance crew - I would recommend first asking your realtor/lender/etc on who they might recommend. And then also crawl through forums like this, blogs, and other online sources to find contacts. Interview them one by one with a few key questions you need answered, and see who you want to hire. Test their response rates (that's super important for cleaners -- you want someone with great communication). And try to acquaint yourself with 1-2 other cleaners/maintenance as back up.

  • Property Manager · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    Hi Robin! I would recommend finding a small company to help manage — someone with more personalized service, able to give your home more attention, and less than 20% fees. If the fees are too steep you won’t be able to make any profit, or even break even. Happy to chat further!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.