Maintenance /Repair person for rental property

Maintenance /Repair person for rental property

Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone,

Maintenance/repair in rental property drain lot of money. I feel property management charge a lot for small repairs.

How you guys manage? Do you know any app or services which charge monthly and provide maintenance whenever require.

I do have rental property in Birmingham AL.

Thanks

Sam

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Lindenhurst, IL · Member since 2016 · 854 posts · 506 votes
    6y

    Can you give me an example of "property management charges a lot for small repairs"? 

    I wrote a blog in the past about the cost of changing a light bulb. The actual action of changing a light bulb may be less than a minute, the total time it takes to do the job is a lot longer. Maybe their charges are reasonable (or not.)

    I am on top of many services in the property management industry, and I never heard of a service you are looking for, and even if it exists, I can't imagine it being cheaper. Also, if there is, I don't think your property management company will like it if you use that service to do the repairs.  

  • Property Manager · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    I think I'm with @Soh Tanaka on this one. If you end up finding a company that actually does what you mention above, chances are they will not be a great money saving option for you. I would re evaluate the costs of your current vendors and then maybe contact some other local property managers in the area to see how they compare. Like Soh mentioned, the pricing could actually end up being fair. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.