App for screening tenants and/or full service property management

App for screening tenants and/or full service property management

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 127 posts · 63 votes

It's been a while since I had to screen a new tenant. Eight years to be precise. :-)  Any recommendations of apps to use. I am looking at Cozy right now, but I would appreciate any other recommendations that other members have had good experiences with.

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 85 posts · 50 votes
6y

@Rachel S. BiggerPockets has recommened screening comapanies right on their website.  You can find them on the 

landlord resources tab.  You can also find this link by hovering over the "Tools" tab and then clicking on Landlord Resources under services.

I would recommend researching your options and select the company that best fits your screening needs.  

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cameron TopePro Member
    Property Manager · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    My Smart Move

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 299 posts · 476 votes
    6y

    @Rachel S. Since you're looking for an option to screen your tenants, I suggest looking into free property management software. They usually include features that allow you to send out customized applications to your tenants and also take care of the tenant screening process at the same time. They also allow you to choose from several screening options, such as - credit, criminal and eviction; based on your preferences. There are a few sites that do a good job of comparing different property management software companies, while giving you a chance to look into customer reviews. I've previously used Capterra to help with my decision -https://www.capterra.com/rental-property-management-software/

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 546 posts · 227 votes
    6y

    Hi Rachel! Definitely not a bad choice with Cozy, but certainly other options out there that are probably better suited for what you're trying to accomplish as an independent DIY rental owner. Contactless (online) payments is a big deal given the current state of things during C19, especially with the right platform that allows your tenants more options (ie. debit/credit card option, ACH payments, or even expedited payment processing, along with rent/payment due date reminders, and the ability to report positive payments to TransUnion in order to give your tenants' credit scores a boost; this acts as an added incentive for them in the long run as well). Either way, congrats on getting started with your real estate journey and I know you'll make a great choice. @Rachel S.

  • Member since 2019 · 85 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Rachel S. BiggerPockets has recommened screening comapanies right on their website.  You can find them on the 

    landlord resources tab.  You can also find this link by hovering over the "Tools" tab and then clicking on Landlord Resources under services.

    I would recommend researching your options and select the company that best fits your screening needs.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.