Purchasing Rental Property in South Carolina

Purchasing Rental Property in South Carolina

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hi guys,

I am very new in the learning process, but I am very interested in real estate investment and want to get started. I have found a property near Greenville, SC (where I currently live) that currently has 3 mobile homes on it and room to put many more. It is reasonably priced and the homes are older but I feel that they are able to be rented. I would love to purchase this as my first venture into real estate. The property is listed at 160,000 and I only have 10,000 in the bank. I am wondering if anyone has any insight into how I should go about obtaining the remaining capital to purchase this or if it is even possible?  I have good credit but I am only 25 and I already have a mortgage. I think that if the bank counted my current mortgage and I asked for a second one, my debt to income ratio would be too high to obtain a second one. Once again, I am very new in learning about all of this, so please be kind.

Thank you, 

Amy

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Amy Taylor. Is this property listed by a realtor or by owner? Last year I bought a property like this in piedmont/powdersville area threw owner financing. Do you think you would be able to talk with the owner? What shape are the mobiles in? What age? Underpinnings? Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I’m local too. Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.