How do you lease best in the COVID era?

How do you lease best in the COVID era?

Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 3 votes

Hi BP, 

With the pandemic still underway I wanted to query you landlords and property managers to hear your highest performing leasing practices. I have a portfolio in California that traction has slowed down for since COVID. 1 large house I am managing used to rent easily for $8k/month now can't find a tenant for $6k to save my life! 

1. How many units do you manage?

2. Has the pandemic HURT or HELPED the rental demand in your area? 

3. What software do you use to find tenants do you use your property management software to syndicate? (Zillow/Zumper/Cozy/Avail)

3. What are your top (3) best practices??? 

1Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · brentwood, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 730 votes
    6y

    @Shiv Gettu

    1) I haven't experienced any issues with Covid-19 (so far) either in my CA properties or out of state properties, (e.g., no vacancy, no late payments, etc.). But keeping my fingers crossed.

    2) My CA rents average about 3k, Ohio average is just under 2k so I have no experience with 8k properties.

    3) My best practices are to a) buy in times of panic to get great pricing, b) buy only the highest quality properties in the better neighborhoods, and c) always retain sound professional management and let them do their thing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.