What do you use for keyless entry locks to manage your rentals?

What do you use for keyless entry locks to manage your rentals?

Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 4 votes

We are looking to save time on meeting contractors at properties, changing locks, etc. and plan to start installing keyless entry locks on our properties that we can manage remotely (i.e. manage codes from our phones or PC).  Any recommendations on what works best, or which types/brands to stay away from?

0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Jessica Todd I know you are looking for key less, but I use a master key system that solves the same problem. The company is called Land Lord Locks, and you can find them on the web. I got them from an old BP post when I was getting started and I now am running almost 60 apartments on the same master key. The beauty of the system is that you can give trusted vendors a master key and have them take care of things on their own without you having to meet them there at the property. All of my main vendors have a master key and I only use vendors who can go on their own. 

  • Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Interesting option, will look into it.  Thank you, John!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 294 posts · 142 votes
    3y

    @Jessica Todd

    What did you end up using? Looking for a solution just like you described in your OP

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.