Indiana - Evict month to month lease tenant

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • South Bend, IN · Member since 2015 · 180 posts · 93 votes
    6y

    It depends on what you are evicting them for. Nationally you can not evict for non payment of rent right now. You can evict for other breach of lease conditions though.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Aviv Berkovitch:

    Hi everyone,

    Can I evict a month to month lease tenant at this time? The property in Indiana.

    Thanks in advance!

    If your goal is to get them out fast, I would try cash for keys.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwood, IN · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Aviv Berkovitch. What i seen is that you can still file eviction for non payment of rent, the judge will hear you case I understand they have certain instructions at this time with new CDC mandate as far as I know they will have to prove something to the judge in order not to get put out.

    I know there is some paperwork the tenant can fill out in order to protect them from the eviction

    I just filed one for one of my properties the hearing is next week we will see what happens.

    Im not giving you legal advice it is always recommended to talk to an attorney.

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    5y

    We have had success getting M2M tenants out. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.