Disclosure after a death in a rental unit - Pennsylvania

Disclosure after a death in a rental unit - Pennsylvania

Eric NeithPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Hellertown, PA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 14 votes

This is a landlording first for me and hopefully a last... Last week I got a call around 10pm from a local police department where one of my buildings is in Pennsylvania.  The mother of my tenant called local police because she hadn't had contact with her daughter for 5 days.  I arrived about an hour later to deliver a key to the police.  Upon police entry the found my tenant deceased, in her bed, from a possible overdose.  Since the cops were there, along with half of the neighbors, it's not a secret as to what happened.  I have received numerous responses as to my responsibility to disclose this information to prospective tenants moving forward. Has anyone experienced this before?

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    Yes, in Wa you don't have to disclose for rentals, so I have not. It will be on the Internet so you can look it up for your area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.