BP need some advice. I just went under contract on my first apartment. How soon after going under contract can I begin listing it for rent? Also do I need to get a professional photographer to come out and take photos or can I use the last owners photos.
Also I think I may want to paint the place. Should I wait I’ll after I paint it to post it?
If you didn't put any provisions in your purchase/sales contract, you really have to wait until you close. You can't really advertise a property that isn't yours... I guess you could do it personally, but shouldn't be able to do it with a Realtor. Obviously, you should use your own photos. I don't know how this place was/is currently advertised, but you haven't closed yet since you said you just got under contract. So, its not "yours" to do whatever you please (including taking photos). So, take that into account. You'll have to ask the seller really if you are going to be proper/professional about this.
If you didn't put any provisions in your purchase/sales contract, you really have to wait until you close. You can't really advertise a property that isn't yours... I guess you could do it personally, but shouldn't be able to do it with a Realtor. Obviously, you should use your own photos. I don't know how this place was/is currently advertised, but you haven't closed yet since you said you just got under contract. So, its not "yours" to do whatever you please (including taking photos). So, take that into account. You'll have to ask the seller really if you are going to be proper/professional about this.
You can't show it without the current owner's permission, so wait until you have closed. Ask the realtor if you can use their photos (some will let you) otherwise, take them yourself.
As for listing, do it as soon as you close and before you paint (unless the current paint is a hideous colour). you can mention in the listing that it is being painted. Most won't care about the colour.
@Tim Herman they do but thanks for throwing that out there. I would have never dreamed of asking that. Any recommendation for how to put my rental up and begin screening tenants? Is there a program people like what?
@Tyler Harvey The first thing is to determine your rental criteria. How much income over rent required. 2,2.5,3x rent. Are you going to accept people with criminal activity or no felonies. Evictions or no evictions. Credit score. Once you decide on your criteria you will use that to screen your potential tenants.
I require looking at their id's. Want to see three paystubs. I contact at least 2 of their previous landlords. Current and previous landlord.The newest one may just want them out.
I use rent prep to screen my tenants for credit and criminal activity. I might switch to cozy.co. which includes rent collection and post to various web site. You can also post to zillow and facebook market place. The tenants pay for the service to rent prep or cozy for the credit and criminal activity.