I Think I've got a tennant drug dealer...

I Think I've got a tennant drug dealer...

Holliston, MA · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 14 votes

Hello BP I bought my first 3 family house about a year ago here in central Massachusettes. So far it has been a great house hack! It came with some tennants who are tennants at will. I am Usually gone for the day at work but evryone tells me that a lot of cars seem to come and go. The other tennants in the building tell me that they are shure they do Crack. I'm trying to talk to her and mabe try cach for keys but it seems like she doesn't want to talk Any help or input on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated.

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Put a few surveillance cameras up. There are some cheap ones out there (under $100). If it appears there are a lot of cars coming and going you can give the police some footage of the coming and going and if they department is any good they'll begin monitoring the building which (along with cameras) would likely scare off both the dealer and customers alike. 

    Ask for officers to park outside your place to do paperwork, eat lunch or to take a break. An increased police presence = less nonsense.

    You could also do inspections a few times a year on the two units. I doubt they'd be dumb enough to leave anything drug-related out but they likely wouldn't like the inspections as they'd probably think you're coming on to their trade and perhaps they'll move out. 

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Peter Goeller “some of your tenants are concerned about the security around the property at night so we are installing motion activated floodlights and cameras to increase our security. Cameras will be installed at the front door, rear door, and xxx. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns”

  • Holliston, MA · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Karl B. I have been thinking about putting up cameras i will defenetly do that! Asking the police to Do paperwork and have a stronger presence is a good thing, they already seem to be there more than they should be anyways.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.