Is the Denver Post saying Remote Workers are Coming to Colorado?

Is the Denver Post saying Remote Workers are Coming to Colorado?

Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 354 posts · 386 votes

I keep telling my clients and you that you need to consider remote workers your next tenant base! 

  • 14-23 million people are about to move, and it makes sense that Colorado will get a lot of those people. 
  • The Denver Post is reporting that Denver ranks #8 in the nation for where these people are moving.
  • For every one person that's left since April, 1.34 people are moving to Denver. 

You need to think about what remote workers want when you think about your rent by the room strategy, your house hacking strategy and your medium-term rentals / short-term rentals. 

Denver and Colorado Springs are absolutely benefiting from this movement and I think it's a wasted opportunity to not get on this trend. 

Here's the full Denver Post article: 

https://www.denverpost.com/202...

5Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Parker, CO · Member since 2016 · 550 posts · 389 votes
    5y

    Wow. Very interesting @Erin Spradlin thank you for the article. It definitely makes sense! Does that mean prices will continue to go up? Supply isn't changing, but demand is now increasing even more than it was before. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 354 posts · 386 votes
    5y

    @Stuart Grazier - I think it means rents will continue to do okay. I realize they are falling in Denver at the moment, but I think if this influx continues, furnished rentals should do just fine. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 682 posts · 729 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Erin Spradlin:

    @Stuart Grazier - I think it means rents will continue to do okay. I realize they are falling in Denver at the moment, but I think if this influx continues, furnished rentals should do just fine. 


     I'm fairly ignorant on any CO markets north of The Springs but am curious about this, how significantly are rents falling in Denver? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.