Can I advertise my rentals while evicting the tenant?

Can I advertise my rentals while evicting the tenant?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 29 votes

We are in the process of evicting a tenant. I want to put the property up for rental to decrease the vacancy time. Is that possible? The property is in Reading, PA.

0Reply
6 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    5y

    I wouldn't.  You are asking for trouble both in terms of making the current tenant mad and them staying longer and the prospective tenants interacting with the current tenant.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I wouldn't as well.  What incentive does your current tenant have to cooperate with showings and keep the house in a good condition to show.  You are also opening yourself up to issues if there is a delay in the eviction and the move in date gets pushed back.  It is not fair to the future tenant to rely on a move in date where you can't guarantee it.  Showing a occupied unit works for some but even on normal circumstances I wait to show until it is vacant.  In my experience moveouts get delayed and I turn the house myself and need to balance turnover with work and family.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    @Adam Martin Thank you Adam. I'll cool my jets and wait.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.