I've heard from many folks that Seattle, WA is not very landlord friendly. Is that the case with all of King County? For example, Kent, WA is an area I am interested in. Do landlord rules apply the same way there? Wasn't sure if it's city by city or across the whole county or how that works exactly.
Realtor · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2019 · 882 posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Dashiel C Neimark, I have properties in Seattle and as long as we do thorough tenants screening, we do not face a lot of issues in here.
The Moratorium impacts the whole Washington State, but Seattle has some extra additions. For example, You can see the extra Covid requirements Seattle has in here https://www.rhawa.org/covid-19
That said, I still love investing in the City. Houses in Seattle are appreciating a lot, and the City has friendly land-use regulations regarding ADU/DADU/number of unrelated tenants in one house/zoning/.......
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
5y
@Dashiel C Neimark Washington State is tenant friendly in general, but most of the more onerous regulations you hear of (RRIO registration, no criminal background checks involved, first-come-first-served rental applications) are Seattle city regulations. We invest both in Kent-Des Moines and in Seattle, and although its less paperwork to invest out of Seattle proper I wouldn't say to avoid Seattle all-together (as other folks on BP have recommended).