Does Zillow charge $2/day for the rental listings?

Does Zillow charge $2/day for the rental listings?

Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello! Does Zillow charge $2/day for the rental listing? I’m currently living abroad. That’s what my property manager told me. Thank you in advance!

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2020 · 128 posts · 94 votes
5y

@Kelly W. Just list it with a local with estate agent and their MLS will syndicate to zillow, trulio, homes.com, etc. It costs nothing for your rentals to make it on their platform without using them to list it.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 667 posts · 587 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kelly W.:

    Hello! Does Zillow charge $2/day for the rental listing? I’m currently living abroad. That’s what my property manager told me. Thank you in advance!

    They charge $9.99 per week; first listing is free. 

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Julie Hartman

    Thanks Julie! This is my 2nd time listing. First listing was in 2018. I was just charged $42 for 3 weeks by my property manager for listing it on Zillow.

  • Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2020 · 128 posts · 94 votes
    5y

    @Kelly W. Just list it with a local with estate agent and their MLS will syndicate to zillow, trulio, homes.com, etc. It costs nothing for your rentals to make it on their platform without using them to list it.

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Tammy Mason Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 57 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tammy Mason:

    @Kelly W. Just list it with a local with estate agent and their MLS will syndicate to zillow, trulio, homes.com, etc. It costs nothing for your rentals to make it on their platform without using them to list it.

    I believe this changed Jan 1, 2021  

    I thought my MLS rental listing would be syndicated to Zillow et al. Zillow no longer participates in this. Zillow in fact charges $9.99/week

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Scott Ashworth

    Thanks Scott! It’s good to know.

  • Accountant · Springfield, IL · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    @Scott Ashworth

    Yep. $9.99 per week. I’ve found it to be worth it. I’ve found that about 30%-40% of my applicants come from Zillow and I do my application process on there also. When a vacancy on a $1,000 apartment rent is costing you $33/day, $9.99/week is well worth the leads in getting it rented depending on where you are.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 57 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bryan Martin:

    @Scott Ashworth

    Yep. $9.99 per week. I’ve found it to be worth it. I’ve found that about 30%-40% of my applicants come from Zillow and I do my application process on there also. When a vacancy on a $1,000 apartment rent is costing you $33/day, $9.99/week is well worth the leads in getting it rented depending on where you are.

    Bryan, 100% agree. It is absolutely worth it in my experience 


    70-80% of my leads come from Zillow. Otherwise I’m paying a Realtor to show my property and I’m paying way more than $9.99

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.