Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Bethlehem, PA
Votes |
2 unit property lawn care maintance (bottom and top)

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Bethlehem, PA
Posted Apr 19 2021, 18:21

Hi everyone,  looking for some feedback on how to handle lawn care maintained for my 2 unit ( unit on bottom and one on top)

I have a lease with the newer tenant who moved into the top unit back in December that she would take take of lawn maintenance (cutting the grass). 

Today she contacted me asking me if I am providing her a lawn mower to cut the grass. She told me ( my wife also confirmed to me privately) that I had initially told her I would figure something out for her like give her a lawnmower and somewhere to place it.

The issue is that I think it's a bad idea to give her a lawnmower and i don't know why I said that( it could break, or she could "get hurt" and an issue could second. Second there is not a shed for her to store it on the property.  (Basement is mine for storing)

I have thought of cutting the grass myself as it is a small section and can be done quickly.  I don't want to make her pay someone as her rent is high already.

The options I'm considering are 

1. Should I giver her a lawnmower with a small shed. (Lease says she needs to take care of the yard, doesn't matter how she does it)

2. Cut the grass myself( I live 8 mins away)

3. Tell her to figure it out herself and follow the lease ( i.e buy your own lawn mower or pay someone)

I have yet to reply to her message as I wanted the best solution.  This is the only property other than the one I live in BTW . Thank you!

Loading replies...