Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
I used to have no problem generally unless winter or fall. Since last summer it has taken me much longer to find quality tenants. I raised my criteria to a 700 credit score instead of 650 due to eviction moratoriums. I only accept people who have stable verifiable rental history.
Now I've got a rental sitting vacant 3 MONTHS...all I get are low life's who have a 500 credit score, those who stopped paying their bills due to covid, and all kinds of other rif-raf. I just had a guy contact me with bad credit and no credit history. I'm super frustrated...
It seems like unqualified problem tenants are what is out there now...
Rental Property Investor · Centreville, VA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 799 votes
5y
I would lower the credit score criteria or lower the asking rent and see if that helps. Its better to take a loss of $50/month than have a bad tenant for a year. You can always increase the rent after a year. Good luck!