Lease agreements for STR (Transient/travel nurse tenants)

Lease agreements for STR (Transient/travel nurse tenants)

Austin TX and St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes

I'm about to start renting my property for the first time. It's fully furnished and in an HOA, so I want to make sure I have some type of agreement in place. Does anyone have a contract/template they work from for this purpose? I don't want to create something that deters a tenant but want a small layer of protection for myself and my neighbors. Thanks in advance!

0Reply
45 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    Have you read you HOA rules to make sure this is allowed? I would read every word of this if you haven't already done so.

  • Austin TX and St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @John Underwood Thank you and yes, I have read my docs and talked to my Board about it, which is why I'm moving forward. I have a renter ready to move forward with paperwork but understand this can look vastly different from tenant to tenant and traditional leases aren't typically used for this type of scenario. 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    I think a tweaked long term lease is what you should use. It should be tailored to your area and specifics dealing with a furnished house.

    Address how rent is to be paid and if it is all due in advance. Address pets and what types of pets are allowed or not allowed, visitors etc.

    Make them aware of any HOA rules they need to abide by to keep you out of trouble.

  • Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I would be less concerned about a lease being a deterrent and more concerned about protecting yourself.  If you have an exsisting lease I would modify it to fit this need VS starting with a new one.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.