Sewer Iine insurance Pittsburgh rentals

Sewer Iine insurance Pittsburgh rentals

Investor · Carnegie PA · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Wanted to read some opinions on something my business partner and I have been looking into.  Currently our umbrella policy does not have the option of adding sewer line insurance which we had purchased on several properties when we started out.  I feel like over the last few months we have dodged a few bullets by getting a few properties snaked out and are preparing to not be so lucky one of these times.  Does anyone purchase the optional insurance through amwater?  

0Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    @Benjamin Klos I buy it. Its cheap and covers a real risk.

    Christian

  • Accountant · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2021 · 66 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    @Benjamin Klos I buy the water and gas line insurance also.

  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Benjamin,

    The Umbrella policy generally just provides additional limit of Liability if the underlying limit of the Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Auto, boat, etc. is exhausted in a claim.

    Most of our carriers that offer Water & Sewer line coverage offer it as an endorsement on the Homeowners or Dwelling Fire (for 1-4 family rental dwellings) policy.  Not all Insurance Carriers offer that coverage.  

    The other place that it can be purchased is through the Water or Sewer company.  You should compare what they offer to an endorsement from an insurance policy to see if they are equivilant.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 846 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Benjamin Klos:

    Wanted to read some opinions on something my business partner and I have been looking into.  Currently our umbrella policy does not have the option of adding sewer line insurance which we had purchased on several properties when we started out.  I feel like over the last few months we have dodged a few bullets by getting a few properties snaked out and are preparing to not be so lucky one of these times.  Does anyone purchase the optional insurance through amwater?  

     I buy it and have used it a few times. Just read the coverage, they don't cover everything in every area since these claims have risen. 

    Also I believe it would be an add on to your homeowners per property, not your umbrella. So maybe check with your carrier. 

    A lot of them are only doing single family homes now also. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.