Trying to switch Spanish speaking tenant to online rent pay-Help!

Trying to switch Spanish speaking tenant to online rent pay-Help!

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello BiggerPockets! 

I am working on getting my tenant to start paying online. He now pays cash every month. It was okay when I lived on the first floor as he is on the second. (First time house hacker just moved out!) 

So now I live over a half hour away and am about to rent out the first floor. I know I need to convert to online rent pay but I've tried everything from Venmo, Zelle, CashApp in person with him. He's a great tenant and has been there years prior to me purchasing. I was going for Cozy.co but now they're apartments.com

I made an account and sent an email I had translated into Spanish, but there doesn't seem to be any translation option. Is the any site anyone is aware of for Spanish speaking tenants to pay rent, or am I dreaming? Also does anyone have a better option than Apartments.com or is that pretty good for now as I only have 2 units. 

Thanks in advance!

Jordan Fraser

0Reply
31 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I don’t know how to help however this sounds like a great idea for someone to create property management software that tenants and landlords have the option of viewing in either Spanish or English.  You can’t be the only person with this issue.  

  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Jordan Fraser there are online translators on Google. Enter your phrase or paragraph into the box and hit 'translate'. Probably not perfect but it might work for you. You might ask if he has a bank account before anything else.........he can also buy a MO at all kinds of places and mail it? With 2 units I would not worry about any service like Zillow or whoever.

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    5y

    Google also translates websites, just click on the three dots in the upper right of the window.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.