Resources/Reading about Tax Write off's for Landlords/Investors

Resources/Reading about Tax Write off's for Landlords/Investors

Jeff CuaPro Member
Member since 2021 · 55 posts · 13 votes

Hi all,

Just want to reach out to the BP community to see if there are any good books our articles that will give me a good birds eye view of what is possible as far as tax write offs as I am a new landlord/RE investor. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

~Jeff

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Yonah WeissPro Member
Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @Jeff Cua:

Hi all,

Just want to reach out to the BP community to see if there are any good books our articles that will give me a good birds eye view of what is possible as far as tax write offs as I am a new landlord/RE investor. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

~Jeff

 Jeff, check the BP bookstore, there are a couple by @Amanda Han. Also Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelright

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    If your invested in multi-family real estate a cost segregation study can be a great tax savings tool. 

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Cua:

    Hi all,

    Just want to reach out to the BP community to see if there are any good books our articles that will give me a good birds eye view of what is possible as far as tax write offs as I am a new landlord/RE investor. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

    ~Jeff

     Jeff, check the BP bookstore, there are a couple by @Amanda Han. Also Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelright

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 31 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    I found a lot of good info out of Loopholes of Real Estate by Garrett Sutton. I'd recommend it. It is an easy read and well presented information. (in my opinion)

  • Dave SpoonerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 869 posts · 823 votes
    5y

    @Jeff Cua I've read a few and my far and away favorite is Nolo's book on taxes: https://store.nolo.com/product...

    It's a bit like a textbook but it's comprehensive and loaded with great, up-to-date information (and the tax law is in flux so up-to-date really matters)

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 431 posts · 281 votes
    5y

    Try to pay less than $2500 for every item that's humanly possible. looooooooooooooooooooooool.  You think I'm going to be buying $1200 sqft of flooring in one go? Nope. Not me.  Two batches.  Multiple projects.

  • James MartellaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Staten Island · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I know there are a couple of Books here at the book store. I have not read them but I did read Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright and Loopholes of Real Estate by Garrett Sutton. I have read both. Both are very helpful. You definitely should read book on the subject but the best Advice I can give you is to make a appointment with your Accountant and Sit down with him. Pick his brain. I Sit down with my Accountant every August to let him know what is going on with my business. Get his advice on which way would be the best way Tax wise to do things. After all he will be all the paperwork in 6 months. And no one likes to pay taxes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.