Showing my house to new prospective tenants

Showing my house to new prospective tenants

Investor · Sf Bay Area · Member since 2021 · 90 posts · 41 votes

Hi everybody, my current tenants gave me a months notice yesterday stating that they will be vacating by October 6th, 2021.  It is written in my lease that I can show the house to prospective tenants if needed. I am in California any idea on how much notice to give my current tenants before showing the house, I believe its 24 hours. I am thinking I might just schedule a couple days of open house and have people come during there scheduled time slots. Any thoughts people. 

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 378 posts · 307 votes
    5y

    The law requires you to give a written (not oral or email) 24 hour notice of any entry. Just talk to them, explain the notice requirement to them, and ask them if they are ok with you posting a written notice (so you are abiding by the law) and texting them as well (so they know) 24 hours before any showings while they are on vacation. If they say yes, then just do that. Simple.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.