Storage Unit Lease - Where do you find the best leases for this?

Storage Unit Lease - Where do you find the best leases for this?

Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 40 votes

I'm planning on using a portion of one of my buildings to rent as a storage area.  I didn't see any boilerplate storage leases here at BiggerPockets.  Are there any good places for a base lease to start with for this?  (Yes, I have a lawyer who will look over it after I get something together to start with.)

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fishers, IN · Member since 2012 · 520 posts · 499 votes
    4y

    Hey Xela!

    Self Storage has a general guidelines across the nation (you are individually renting units and never take possession of your tenants' treasures, hence the name "Self" Storage), however each state does indeed have its own specific rules so you cannot use a boilerplate template.

    Please consult your state's Self Storage Association (and/or website) and they will provide state-specific lease agreements to ensure that you are operating according to the law.

    Scott 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.