Chicago Meetup

Chicago Meetup

This event is brought to you by:Second City Real Estate

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes

So I am planning the next meetup and wanted your opinions. We are going to change venues and move it closer to the highway. I have 2 options for places. One off the blue line at Irving and one off the blue line at Cumberland. Thoughts / votes?

4Reply
128 views

Most Popular Reply

Sharad M.Pro Member
Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y

I honestly like the format the way it is now. With a guest speaker, we would be moving in direction of a formal real estate group. Just my thoughts. 

See this reply in the discussion

124 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    It was great seeing everyone last night at the Chicago Meetup and I am sorry a few of you could not make it.  We had a big group this time and a lot of new faces!  BUT... yes, there is a but. Five people did not close out their tab last night and I got stuck with the bill.  @George Foster and I are hoping it was an accident since our waitress was overwhelmed and hard to find.  So contact me if you did not close your tab, I am pretty sure I know who's was still open but don't make me chase you.  

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    Looks like a good turn out!  Hopefully next time I can make it.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Streamwood, IL · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    @brianna   is being diplomatic. If you ordered a drink or food you know if you paid or not. This intentional non-payment tells me that your veracity is questionable.  If you can't pay a small bar bill what makes anyone think that you can partner or otherwise participate on a larger transaction such as real estate. If you didn't pay your bill do not come back to our events. You are not welcome.

    @Brie Schmidt should not have had to pay your bill that is beyond despicable. 

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    This was my first time at the meeting and it was a great networking session. I met like-minded people and got some great ideas. Thank you to @Brie Schmidt for setting up the event. Great Job! It was nice to meet you and @George Foster .

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Had a great time at the event and it was such a pleasure putting faces to names and networking with like minded people. Looking forward to future events. Thank you @George Foster and @Brie Schmidt for putting this together.

  • Investor · Lake Villa, IL · Member since 2014 · 90 posts · 48 votes
    12y

    Looks like I just missed out on this one. Count me in on the next pending work travel schedule.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Streamwood, IL · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    @John Casmon  it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Look forward to seeing you at future events. 

    To your wealth!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Great event last night, thanks for organizing @Brianna Schmidt.  Looking forward to the next one.   

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 173 posts · 85 votes
    12y

    Hello everyone - I am new to the site and real estate investing in general.

    I attended the networking event Tuesday night and I have to say that I was blown away at all the knowledgeable people there. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next event!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a great time at the event (after I got a little lost getting there from the "L"). It just amazes me how much energy you have Brie. After a little warming up, I engaged in discussions and learned a lot. I also want to give a shout out to @Polina Goncharova, @John Casmon and @Joe Santiago, in addition to all of the others that attended, for making me feel welcome. Let me know when we can get together again. Hopefully I will be able to share stories of successful deals by then.

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Ryan Canfield - That's what I like to hear.  So glad you came and met people

    @Steven Rhodes - LOL Thanks!  

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Streamwood, IL · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    @Rose M.  it was a pleasure meeting you as well. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

  • Real Estate Investor · Des Plaines, IL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hey Everyone! Looks like I missed this one, but would really like to attend the next one. Please let me know when the next meet is planned for. 

    Thank you and I look forward to meeting everyone!

    -Val P.

    RPM Real Estate

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2011 · 345 posts · 120 votes
    12y

    Is there a typical schedule for these? Quarterly or?

    Thanks! Jeff

  • Real Estate Professional · Burr Ridge, IL · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hi:

    Can some tell me when and where is the next meeting.

    Thanks

    DP

  • Real Estate Professional · Burr Ridge, IL · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hello Brianna:

    I am new to BP  and RE also. Like to attend next meeting and educate myself with RE investing and networking with all pro's. Please let me know date, time and place.

    Thanks

    D

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Val Petkov and @Darmi Parikh - We have been trying to do them monthly - but have been playing around with different event spaces.  I am hoping once we find a good space that everybody agrees on we will set a regular schedule

  • Real Estate Professional · Burr Ridge, IL · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hello Brieanna:

    Thank you

    Darmi

  • Rental Property Investor · Mars, PA · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 36 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt awesome. I've got this on my calendar. This is the address for the Dino's you're referring to, right? 7004 W Higgins Ave Chicago, IL 60656

  • Lender · Westchester IL · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt I'll be there.  I owe you a cocktail or two.  My meeting with Roy today was awesome!!

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Danny Duran Yes - Here is the most recent thread about the Chicago Meetup

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/136...

    @Ron Graf - You do don't you!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Any Chicago meetups anytime soon?

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Nawab Manjee - It is the third Tuesday of the month at Dino's Pizza in Norwood park from 6:30 - 9:30

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Hello!

    Any meetups sometime soon?

  • Evanston, IL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi all,

    New to BP.  Is there a meetup tomorrow night?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.