San Jose Meetup - Friday 7/18/14

San Jose Meetup - Friday 7/18/14

When:

Where:Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Johnson H.Pro Member
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes

Hi All,

@Jay Y. suggested this meetup and I am helping him post it. Last month we had over 20+ BP members attend, chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, July 18, 2014, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports in the same building as Five Guys on the other corner.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, 

2Reply
150 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2014 · 207 posts · 190 votes
12y

Thanks for putting this together.   It was so much fun.

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 39 votes
    12y

    It was definitely great to meet everyone there and I'm really glad I came out for the event. Thanks again for putting this together @Johnson H. 

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    Thank you to everyone who showed up to the meetup! Again, we had 20+ investors meeting and talking about their investments and new investors soaking it all up. Thank you to those who bought pitchers of  beer and extra food, @J. Martin and @Account Closed were two that I noticed. The Amazon local deal is good for another 24 hours, please save some money and buy it as we will meet here next month.

    I will let everyone know when the next meetup will be. Thank you again for making the meetup a success!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Johnson,

    I just bought another coupon.  Thanks for the reminder.

    Thanks everyone for coming out.  That was another great meet-up.  It was nice seeing some new faces as well as old ones.  

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Livermore, CA · Member since 2010 · 140 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    I missed the part about someone starting a mobile home park.  I think these are great investments.  Let me know who I should be speaking with please. 

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    @Purnell C.  - I think you might be referring to me. Over the weekend, I went to see a RV trailer park that had all long term tenants. It is not as large as your typical mobile home park and only one home was stuck to the ground with the rest as RV's. There is also some value add in the park that would increase rents and decrease expenses. The price was too high for the appropriate return but there is a good chance the seller will accept a lower price. I'm not sure how word got around so quickly during the meetup about my potential investment that I was going to syndicate! I also received a few commitments during the meetup to invest with me and may have enough already. Everything is still very preliminary, but we can still chat if you're interested!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Livermore, CA · Member since 2010 · 140 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    OK, when you have time, just let me know.  

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    Hi All,

    I have set up the next San Jose meetup for Friday, August 15 at the same place, same time. I hope to see everyone there again!

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/139764-san-jose-meetup---friday-8-15-14?page=1#p926026

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2008 · 83 posts · 50 votes
    12y

    @Johnson H. i'll be in the sbay on the 15th ... have this one on my ical ... looking forward to meeting you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.