THE Columbus Ohio Meetup

THE Columbus Ohio Meetup

When:

Where:Yogi's Bar and Grill 3880 Hard Rd Dublin Ohio 43016

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes

Hopefully this finds everyone well!

I know it's hard to make everyone happy with a time and location for a meetup but my goal here is to meet with anyone willing to take time from their day and come network. I dont want anyone who sells mentoring or guru style promises, I am looking specifically for those individuals who are doing any form of real estate investment full time and can commit to growing a Columbus meeting to a regular event. If you dont do real estate full time you are still welcome to come! What I am hoping is that those of us who are able to consistently meet can, together, choose a different time or location if necessary. The event will be virtually agendaless, we will do quick introductions and keep talking.

For now we will meet in the back room of Yogi's 3880 Hard Rd in Dublin close to Sawmill Rd. I will be there from 12-2 on Friday's beginning this Friday January 23rd and there is currently no cost to attend.

So if you need a recap this free event is held in the back room at:

Yogi's Bar and Grill 3880 Hard Rd Dublin Ohio 43016 from 12-2 beginning 1/23/15

I will be going there, even if its by myself for the first few... who is coming with me?!?!

1Reply
129 views

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Thanks for putting this together Brian! I'll stop in on Friday.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Brian

    Thanks for putting this together, I will plan on attending.

    See you there!

    Tucker

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    @Tucker Long Welcome to BP sir! Do some key word alerts so that you can catch stuff like this! Keep checking around the rest of the site for tons of info and listen up on the podcasts if you haven't already.

    @Shawn Price Thanks Shawn!

    It will be nice to meet you both and I know of a few folks not on BP who plan on attending... anyone else out there thinking of coming to out to the Columbus Ohio meetup?

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Wish I could be there.  Anyone who does attend will definitely benefit, @Brian Hayes  is definitely someone you want to talk to if you are in Columbus.  We have learned a ton from BP and networking and @N.A N.A is doing some great work, our first flip just got on the market a few days ago. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 117 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Hey @Brian Hayes thanks for getting this rolling again. I am not sure if I will be able to make it, but I will see what I can do. 

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y

    Wish I could make it, hey @Brian Hayes can you skype my in from my cubic-HELL?  Just put me up on one of Yogi's big screens or something! :)

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @John Horner:

    Wish I could make it, hey @Brian Hayes can you skype my in from my cubic-HELL?  Just put me up on one of Yogi's big screens or something! :)

     I will wear a shirt with a front pocket... Then Skype you to my phone in my front pocket and introduce both of us. No worries!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    Wish I could be there. Like @John Horner I'll be at work. 

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Brian Hayes:
    Originally posted by @John Horner:

    Wish I could make it, hey @Brian Hayes can you skype my in from my cubic-HELL?  Just put me up on one of Yogi's big screens or something! :)

     I will wear a shirt with a front pocket... Then Skype you to my phone in my front pocket and introduce both of us. No worries!

     Haha that would be awesome!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I'll be there. See everyone tomorrow!

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Quick update, I plan on doing this every Friday at Yogis 12-2 until.... 

    I think The Columbus Ohio Meetup went great! We had an ok turn out of 6 guys, we covered alot of topics, made some good connections but my favorite part was right at the end. We all stood up to leave and I mentioned that the common thread between us was BP, an investor who is very active in Columbus says "What's that? What is Bigger Pockets?" We kind of chuckled at him but it just goes to show that there are others in your area who are doing the same thing you are.... Go find them and network!!

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Brian - Definitely am interested in attending your future meetings. New to this site and would love to network within Columbus.

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the site @Andrew Sweat we would like to have you. I will be there again this Friday The Columbus Ohio Meetup 12-2 @ the Dublin Yogi's at Sawmill / Hard Rd. There are 2 wholesalers that I know of planning to attend this week and some folks off BP hoping to be there. See you Friday

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    If you can make it...

    Tomorrow is The Columbus Ohio Meet-up! 12-2 pm @ Yogi's on Sawmill. Stop in for a few minutes or the whole time!

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hey all

    The last meetup went well, I'm happy to have met those who attended. There were some really insightful conversations.

    I won't be able to make it today but looking forward to to seeing everyone at another meet up in the near future.

    Tucker

  • Property Manager · Columbus, OH · Member since 2012 · 309 posts · 275 votes
    11y

    I'm sorry I missed this meetup, but plan to attend them in the future!

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Brian Hayes Thanks for setting this up, Brian!  Would love to join on a weekend in the future.

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bradley Spencer:

    @Brian Hayes Thanks for setting this up, Brian!  Would love to join on a weekend in the future.

     The future can be today Mr. Spencer! (I'm sure we will do a weekend one coming soon, I'm thinking Saturday morning coffee once a month... we will see)

    The Columbus Meetup will be today from 12-2 @ Yogi's on Sawmill Road come for all or part! No agenda.. just networking and if you have or know of a deal, bring it with you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 117 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    @Brian Hayes looks like I wont be able to make it today, I'll look forward to the next one. 

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    The Columbus Ohio meetup will be again this Friday from 12-2 at Yogi's in Dublin!

    We have had decent turn outs so far but alot of no shows.... I will be doing a Saturday morning coming soon... If it turns out that Saturday mornings are a little better crowd would this Saturday work for anyone?? I dont mind doing both if I can get some commitments!

    A Saturday location TBD but still somewhere NW side of Columbus....

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y

    I would do this Saturday morning coffee or breakfast!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    This Saturday is Valentine's Day. 

    Otherwise, yes, Saturday morning works much better than lunch in Dublin. 

  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Richelle T.:

    This Saturday is Valentine's Day. 

    Otherwise, yes, Saturday morning works much better than lunch in Dublin. 

     Thanks so much for pointing out that I have nothing to do on V Day morning besides my first love... Real Estate. ;)

  • Real Estate Investor · columbus, OH, OH · Member since 2009 · 87 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Brian

    Thanks for the information.  I was away from BP for a while and just started up again :)

    Sorry I missed the meeting but I just saw this post.  Let me know when the next one is!

    Thanks

    Eric

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 111 votes
    11y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.