Southeast CT REI Meetup

Southeast CT REI Meetup

When:

Where:East Lyme High School at East Lyme, CT 06333

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes

Hosted by Mat O'Grady

1Reply
188 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
9y

Hello @Donna Genovese,

The meetings are pretty informal. There is no charge for the meeting and I am not trying to sell anything. I am just interested in networking and learning about REI. I buy a party pizza from Big Y and we sit around and talk about what we are doing with real estate. There people with varying levels of experience that come. We have brand new people that come and ask questions and the most experienced person that has come is @Karin Crompton. She is a full time real estate flipper. It is diverse crowd ranging from flippers to buy and hold. 

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Mat

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke AndersonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Enterprise, AL · Member since 2016 · 166 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    Thank you very much @Jaclyn P.. Unfortunately I will be out of town that week. Would it be the same day in March?

  • Investor · Groton, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    @Luke Anderson It probably won't be the same day, but tends to be the last week of each month.

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    8y

    @Luke Anderson

    Welcome to CT! I think you have the answers you need already, but feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

  • Stonington, CT · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hello all, I am new to eastern CT, recent implant from Maine. I am ready to get into investing and I am looking to meet other people in the area that are already in the game and are more familiar with this area and REI in general. Ok for a total beginner to come to the Feb. meeting?

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    8y

    @Harrison A. Bispham

    Welcome to the area! Yes newbies are allowed to come. Most of the people who come are fairly new. We just hang out and talk about real estate investing. I am trying to come up with a structure for the meetings to follow, such as choosing a topic for the meeting ahead of time to research so that when we come to the meeting we know what we are going to talk about, ha ha. 

    I will send you a colleague invite and you can send me any questions you may have and I will do what I can to help you out. 

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    8y

    Hello All,

    The next meeting is scheduled for March 22nd from 6 to 8 at the Groton Public Libary in meeting room 4.

    Mat

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    8y

    Next meeting is May 24th at the Groton Public Library from 6 to 8. 

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    8y

    Hello All, sorry I haven't been updating this. Our next meeting is next Tuesday August 21st from 6 to 8 at the Groton Public Library. Meeting room 4.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.