Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.
REI Pro · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 380 posts · 93 votes
The focus of this monthly meetup will be: Treasure Valley Real Estate Boom: How long will it last?
Join us as we welcome Jere Webb, an Associate Broker for Downs Realty. He will be diving more in-depth on the real estate boom in the Treasure Valley and where it is headed.
Monthly events are a wonderful opportunity to network, get some helpful education and build relationships with other like-minded people
Investor · idaho falls, ID · Member since 2008 · 83 posts · 78 votes
7y
Dear Boise Area landlords, lets make Idaho landlord laws better!
I need your help to fix Idaho eviction laws. Did you know evictions could cost you $10,000 or more and take weeks or months?
I am an Idaho landlord working to update Idaho law to make evictions quick, easy, and low cost.
I had a bad eviction and later learned that after a landlord wins in court, the cost and hassle we face as to move a tenant out is NOT STATE LAW but rather simply policies of various counties. And each county has its own policies which differ from other counties.
In my eviction, I was told that I had to hire and pay for a licensed and bonded moving company to come, move, and store my tenant's items. My tenant just laughed when he found out our moving company was busy for 8 weeks, letting him just live in my home rent free during that waiting period! In at least one rural Idaho County, Butte County, their policy is that tenant’s items cannot leave their county and since there is no licensed and bonded storage facility, a landlord has to pay for a lockable pod to be transported into the county by a moving company! Crazy isn’t it!
I decided we needed to fix this problem so I contacted my local legislator to propose a bill to change Idaho law. This week or next we should be introducing a simple, straight forward law that allows, after a landlord wins a writ of eviction in court, the tenant to have 72 hours to remove his items. After 72 hours the landlord can enter the premise, with the sheriff who is there to only keep the peace, and dispose of all remaining items.
Share this email and the website www.fairevictionidaho.com with other Idaho landlords you know to raise awareness that current eviction procedures Idaho are simply county policies and vary throughout the state and there is an effort right now to change Idaho law as described above.
Join my effort on the website and I will put you on our email list.
Our bill will be going first to the Idaho Senate. We will need landlords to take a few minutes and email legislators. If you sign up I will be able to communicate with you tell you who is voting on our bill and when, and how to send them a simple email of support for our work. They will need to hear from us as there might be groups opposed to our law who want tenants to be able to stay in your rentals for free after a you win in court. Our legislators will need to hear from us!
I don’t need your money. But what I do need a few minutes of your time, at the right time, so you can email our elected officials and ask for their support. For more information visit www.fairevictionidaho.com.
Let's make Idaho eviction law simple, quick, uniform, and low cost. Thank you.