Northeastern NJ Real Estate Investors Networking Meetup

11 Replies

• 03/07/19 06:30PM - 08:30PM America/New_York
  • Linden Public Library, 31 E Henry St Linden, New Jersey 07036
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Welcome! Consider this your personal invitation to join the Northeastern NJ Real Estate Investors Networking Meetup. No matter what your strategy is, we want to hear about it! It doesn't matter if you have zero, one, or one hundred properties, you are more than welcome to join us. Our meetups are open discussion, casual, and designed to provide an environment that is focused on:

1) Networking,

2) Encouragement, and

3) Learning.

We have a new location at the Linden Public Library at 31 E. Henry St. Linden,NJ 07036

Hosted by @Dan Turkel and @Marcus Lawson

I am interested in the event. Do I need to register for this?

Originally posted by @Eric Allen :

I am interested in the event. Do I need to register for this?

No need. Just come. Looking forward to it this Thursday

I'm highly interested in attending (networking). Are wholesalers welcomed? 

Hi all!! Correction: Meeting tomorrow is at 6:30PM not 6PM.

FYI: We are located on the 3rd floor of the library

Hey guys! It was great meeting everyone. We had a ton of fun and learned so much. 

Some items that seemed like the group was either split on or not sure how to answer for next meeting:

1. How is the process for eviction? What are the legal requirements for this process? 
          1. Kids vs No kids?
          2. Season?
      1. How does one get another home loan for a second property when DTI is beyond what a lender is willing to work with
        1. EX: Bought a house or two but don't consider the rent as income. When the lenders look at income vs equity they see the debt far surpassing the income.

Some general notes from the meeting:

1. How do you find a good agent?
      1. Funnel!
    2. How do you find a good contractor?
      1. Funnel! But also be really nice and offer food / gifts (If you REALLY need a contractor)
      2. Know what you're asking about (even a quick google/Youtube). It makes the contractor respect you more and helps to diagnose EXACTLY what you're looking for in the contractor
      3. Look for referrals but understand that a popular and good contractor will be busy

If I missed anything else, feel free to add on everyone. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Hi Everyone-  

Great to meet you all last night!  I look forward to building relationships in the future.   I look forward to seeing you all next meeting!- Holden

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here