Fairfield County CT - Patriot Realty Group REI Meetup

Fairfield County CT - Patriot Realty Group REI Meetup

When:

Where:37 Stony Hill Rd Bethel, Connecticut 06801

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes

Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this unprecedented year we have been having thus far. I am writing up this post to guage interest in a Fairfield County investor meeting to potentially have outdoors on a patio socially distanced. It has been over a year since our first Patriot Realty Group sponsored investor meetup which was very successful, since then I have been getting asked when the next will be which has been hard to answer due to the nature of the year we have been faced with. I am also throwing out the option to do this via a Zoom where we do a virtual happy hour/meeting.


What are all your thoughts?

2Reply
200 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
5y

It was great meeting you all. Thank you very much for hosting! Looking forward to the next one.

[email protected] 

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Gregor Vidmar

    I’d definitely be ok with an outdoor, required meet up. I’ve heard about some virtual ones but haven’t actually attended any yet. How do those work?

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @William Hollis The virtual events would be run on Zoom which is just a video conferencing app. If there is no heightened threat on meeting outdoors around this time which is Holloween, Myself and my partner Brett would be willing to do an outdoor patio meeting at this pub, they have a giant outdoor patio so we can make it safe.

    I am more interested in doing the outdoor meeting myself for an hour or two as the face to face (even distanced) interactions would probably be better than over a zoom.

  • Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 57 votes
    6y

    Northern Weschester county here.  I would be interested in a meetup, but am out of state focused.

  • New to Real Estate · East Hartford, CT · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    I'm in the Hartford area, but I would love to attend an in-person meetup!

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Sarah Giffin@Michael Gilman - Thanks for responding, we would be glad to have both of you! Were gonna keep this open a bit longer to get more visibility and first or second week of october start to share more definitive details on where the meetup will be. 

    I am also going to be sending a email to our past attendee's. It will be great to see a mixture of new and experienced investors join to talk about what they have been doing and what there focused on currently.

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I will like to attend this event.

    Thanks.

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I would love to attend.

  • Investor · Westchester Co., NY · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    I plan on attending 

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Vincent M.@Nina N.@Bud Ramkissoon Awesome to hear you guys will attend! My Partner Brett and I are excited to host this event sponsored by our brokerage (Drinks and Apps on us!).

    We have a healthy list of people coming which is awesome because I am eager to hear all the backgrounds. One item we have to announce is we may change this to the week before Halloween which would be October 24th at 2pm to roughly 4pm. We are going to reach out to Michaels Tap Room on Stony Hill Rd to confirm the outdoor section can accommodate the meetup (we believe it should as its very large).

    Also a big update: My partner and I miraculously are going to be closing on a 3F in Danbury in approximately a week, lending was a big challenge for us which we will discuss in our meetup to help those trying to invest during this pandemic.

    Will post again shortly about more details on the event ! We are excited to hear and see all the new faces.

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 42 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thanks looking forward to.

    Best.

  • New to Real Estate · MA/CT · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello! Would love to attend, preferably Zoom but could try to do in-person.

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hi All,

    I just wanted to provide an update on timing, Due to the restaurant we originally want to host the event at changing ownership, they have to wait for their liquor license to full open which they believe they will have by the end of this month. We originally wanted to do it a week before as the original date was set for Halloween and we had a large amount of people not able to attend due to the holiday.


    We are going to push the event out to November 7th to keep the same location as they have a giant outdoor patio that can accomodate us. If you cannot make it we totally understand and apologize for changing.. We plan to do these events atleast every 4 months so be sure to lookout for the next one if you cannot attend this one!

    We still hope to see everyone for the 7th of November @2pm!

  • Eric S.Pro Member
    Investor · Concord, NH · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    I'm in..obviously.

  • New to Real Estate · Mahopac, NY · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I’ll be there as well. I’ll be bringing a friend with me. 

  • New to Real Estate · New Windsor, NY · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I'm new to real estate investing. My fiance and I will be attending. 

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hi All,

    Great to see more and more people interested, will make for a great meeting! I have just spoken with the restaurant owner and they believe we should be ok for the 7th to have our meeting outside on their patio. I am going to follow up with them next Wednesday to get the final confirmation then I will post again to let you all know.

    The plan will be to have a couple tables outside with chairs a bit distanced from each other so we can have a group conversation and enjoy some drinks and appetizers (on Patriot Realty Group)!

    Will be in touch.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Is there need to formally register or is it a just show up informal style meet-up?

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Steve Callaghan no formality at all just show up if you would like to attend.

  • New to Real Estate · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Guys,
    I'm interested in attending this event.
    Thanks for hosting. 

  • Danbury, CT · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hi All, due to the meeting location still onboarding with the town for certain permits (Michaels Taproom in Bethel, CT) I regret to inform I have to push this back one more week until November 14th. The venue has got their liquor license but now they need an inspection with the town before opening and they don't believe next weekend is feasible. 

    Given the weather next weekend is going to be in the 60's im giving one more shot of pushing this until Nov 14th to see if we can do it outdoors on their large patio to be cautious. This will be the last postponement of this event and we will have to throw in the towel and most likely do this after the new year if the venue isn't fully opened by then.

    I will send another update out later next week. Very sorry to have to keep pushing this but we really like this venue as we have hosted here before with the previous management. We are just unsure what other venue would be good for this size of a group and the type of event it is... Lets hope for the best though and see what happens next week!

  • New to Real Estate · Mahopac, NY · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Ok, thank you for the update. 

  • New Fairfield, CT · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Gregor Vidmar is there a link or invite for this event am in the Danbury area.

  • Rental Property Investor · West Haven, CT · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Jumping in as to receive updates. From West Haven and I'd love to attend if it can be done responsibly and safely.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I'm also very interested as this will be my first time attending a meetup and would love to learn from other experienced investors.

  • New to Real Estate · CT · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Just saw this string and would love to attend. I just became a real estate agent and have a strong interest in investing. Although I now live in Old Saybrook, I grew up in Bethel so this is the perfect excuse to go to my first meet up. I look forward to meeting everyone! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.