Bay Area MeetUp - Sept 11 in Berkeley

Bay Area MeetUp - Sept 11 in Berkeley

San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes

Hi Everybody!

We're happy to announce that we will be hosting a Bay Area Bigger Pockets MeetUp in North Berkeley on Wednesday September 11th from 6-8PM. We'll meet in the community space at the Better Homes & Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estate office and the street address is 2095 Rose St. in Berkeley.

This will be a free event where we can get together, connect and share with each other in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. All you need to do is bring yourself and your business cards, we'll provide appetizers & drinks.

At 6:30PM we'll start a short session where we'll give everybody a chance to introduce themselves to the group, give a quick pitch and share their needs and wants. After that we'll discuss possible formats for future events and break early so that we can have plenty of time to hang out and get to know each other.

No upselling. No MLM. Everybody is welcome to attend, but please register so that we can plan accordingly. We're looking forward to seeing you there!

1Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Oakland, CA · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 10 votes
12y

@J. Martin is the meetup on Jan 16th in Oakland still happening?? The link doesn't appear to work...

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    13y

    Sounds like fun! Anyone coming from SF and wanting to carpool? I am car-less, but will pitch in for gas! :)

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    This is a great idea but not sure if I can make it on time... Anyone going from San Jose/ Milpitas ? I can pitch in for gas. I have one car and my wife take it to work.

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    @Sarah Lam - If you're coming in from the city, BART is definitely an option. The downtown Berkeley BART stop is less than a mile from the space where we're meeting.

    @Pete Tam I'll keep you in mind if I hear of anybody coming from your area. I'd love to have you join us.

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    @Andy Kaufman

    Thanks for your quick response.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Pete Tam:
    This is a great idea but not sure if I can make it on time... Anyone going from San Jose/ Milpitas ? I can pitch in for gas. I have one car and my wife take it to work.

    @Pete Tam

    Hi Pete,

    You might also should consider attending Bruce Norris' talk at the SJREI on September 5th. I believe Bruce will talk about the CA market. $38/head for non-member. Yeah, I'm not a member. I can probably pick you up. No need to pay me for gas.

    Berkeley is a little far for me.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hi Andy,

    Other than a non-formal meet-up and networking, are you going to talk about markets where you and/or some other investors are looking to invest?

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Hi @Account Closed - That's definitely something that we'd like to get into, whether its this meetup, or another down the road I don't know. I'm guessing that we'll touch on it briefly during the September 11th meetup as people introduce themselves and share how and where they're looking to invest, but no formal program is planned for this meetup.

    We'll also be discussing topics for future meetings/meetups and if there's interest, we'll make it a focus of a future gathering.

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    @Account Closed

    I will look into Bruce meetup too... If you are going to Berkeley for sure, pls let me know and we can catch up on the phone.. I will IM you my number...

    Thanks for offering me to pick me up. I really appreciate it.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Francisco CA., CA · Member since 2009 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Hey guys,

    I'd be interested in meeting up with local Bigger Pockets members and learning a little bit more about each and every one of you.

    Please feel free to send me a direct email if you guys decide on a date and time.

    Email: [email protected]

    PS - Side note: My partners and I hold a monthly (every first Thursday of the month) SFBREIA mixer dedicated purely towards networking.

    We have one coming up next Thursday 9/4/13. I suppose we would be more then happy to host a local Bay Area Bigger Pockets meetup at the event if anyone is interested?

    The mixer is located in Burlingame which is in the middle of the south and north bay so it might be a good central location for everyone.

    Just let me know and I will notify my partner.

    Here is some more info on the monthly event:


    SFBREIA Real Estate Entrepreneur & Business Mixer! Held on the FIRST Thursdays of every month!
    Location:
    The Vinyl Room
    221 Park Road
    Burlingame, CA 94010

    7pm-9pm

    Mixer for Real Estate professionals! Geared towards Real Estate
    related business promoting and team building! Lots of fun...casual setting!
  • CA · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Not sure if I will be able to make it. Traffic from peninsula will be a killer.

    Burlingame is much closer.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    13y

    Hi @Andy Kaufman, I won't be able to make this meetup but please let me know when the next one will be!

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    Guys,

    Let me know if anyone driving from Milpitas. I would like to carpool and will pitch in for gas.

    Cheers

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Since I only have one confirmation, I wanted to see if there's anyone else here that was planning on attending. If we don't get any more by tomorrow morning, we'll probably just postpone and reschedule in a few weeks.

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Quick update: We might have a small group tonight in Berkeley, but we're still going to meet.

    For those that can't make it in person, I'm going to organize a google hangout starting at 6:30 so that we can meet face to face with anyone who wanted to attend, but couldn't. I'll post a link in this thread.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2013 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    13y

    @Andy Kaufman that's perfect! Count me in for sure for the google hang out.

  • Real Estate Professional · San Francisco-East bay, CA · Member since 2013 · 340 posts · 50 votes
    13y

    Coming from Bay area, I am in east coast now. Activley looking for investment property in Hercules.CA. So this east bay meet is interesting to me.

    @Andy Kaufman If you are going to announce deals, offers etc., please do share my info and let folks know, I am looking to invest in Hercules, CA.

    Thanks,

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    @Johnson H. - No problem. We'll probably do another one in October.

    @Pete Tam - If you can't make it tonight, try to hop on the google hangout. I'll post the link here at 6:30.

    @Sarah Lam - Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you on the hangout.

    @Naveen Desai - Hercules is definitely in out wheel house. I'll make sure to let everyone here know and I'll follow up with you privately as well.

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    @Andy Kaufman I will join google hangout... Thanks.

  • San Rafael, CA · Member since 2009 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Sorry, looks like we're going to skip the hangout for tonight. We'll probably start late and its going to keep me from being present to those who made it out. We'll try to do a hangout sometime when we aren't meeting in person.

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    @Andy Kaufman Thanks for letting us know.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed ..

    We're having an EAST BAY MEETUP! Tues, Dec 10 @ 6:30PM at the Trappist Bar near 12th St Oakland BART. I'm hoping @Andy Kaufman is coming too!! I know some of you are on the peninsula. I was hoping by getting it a little further south and right by public transit, it might make it easier. So if you can drive to a nearby BART station or want to take Caltrain then BART over, please come join us!

    Minh, I saw you had some questions about the format for the last meetup. I plan on keeping it open to whatever people want to discuss. A few of us have already met each other at an SF meetup, so I'm happy to keep it open to talk about areas we're investing, strategies, deals or partnerships, or whatever folks are most interested in.. There will be no "speaker." Please come out and join us if you can!

    Post on the forum in the link if you all can make it out! It looks like about 7 people want to come so far after a day on the forum..

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/106912-east-bay-meetup---dec-10-in-oakland

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    Can't make it J. Out of town assignment. I'll have to catch up with you another time!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    You guys travel too much! (but at least you get the points! *and the golden suitcase..?)

    I'll have to catch you next time Johnson.

  • Belvedere Tiburon, CA · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hello @Andy Kaufman and everyone else in this thread. I'm from the Bay Area as well and would love to connect with other Mobile Home Park investors. I've recently joined BP to use it as a resource as well as to network with other investors throughout the process since this new venture is new to me. Is there any meet up in the area focused on Mobile Home Parks available that you can share? Thanks a bunch!

    -Ana

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hi @Ana Carini ,

    We have a meetup coming up on Jan 16th in Oakland, but I haven't heard anyone specifically talking about mobile homes (at least at the last one). There is lots of info on the website, but I don't know how popular it is in the Bay, perhaps due to the lack of local inventory.. Anyway, you're welcome to come out and chat either way.. Sorry couldn't be of more help on the mobile home front!

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/88/topics/109953-east-bay-meetup---thurs-jan-16-2014-in-oakland

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.