How are people supposed to cash checks?

How are people supposed to cash checks?

Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes

What does a person do with a check they get from closing a deal when all the banks are closed down due to the coronavirus? The atm machines are the only way people are able to do their banking transactions. What about transactions that require in person banking transactions like depositing checks or cashing checks? 

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Auburn, AL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
6y

My banks are also all open through the drive through. You can also do much of the business through phone calls and email. 

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ParkerBusiness Member
    Realtor, Contractor, Property Manager · Montgomery AL and Kowaliga, AL · Member since 2017 · 663 posts · 536 votes
    6y

    My bank is open in Montgomery.

    MGM Property Pros LLC
    View Page
  • Auburn, AL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    My banks are also all open through the drive through. You can also do much of the business through phone calls and email. 

  • Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Darin White:

    My banks are also all open through the drive through. You can also do much of the business through phone calls and email. 

    My bank is atm use only. They do have a sign on their door to call a number for those who need to ask questions or make an appointment. I don't know how exactly does that work when they are closed down.

  • Auburn, AL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Tony Marcelle call the number and they can help you according to their specific policies.

  • Greg ParkerBusiness Member
    Realtor, Contractor, Property Manager · Montgomery AL and Kowaliga, AL · Member since 2017 · 663 posts · 536 votes
    6y

    I had to pick up a certified check.  I called for an appointment and the banker brought it out to the parking lot.

    MGM Property Pros LLC
    View Page
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    Call the number.  I'm sure they have a work around.

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tony Marcelle

    Can you do mobile deposit from your phone via your banks app?

  • Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Tony Marcelle

    Can you do mobile deposit from your phone via your banks app?

    I don't have a bank app. How does mobile deposit work?

  • Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Greg Parker:

    I had to pick up a certified check.  I called for an appointment and the banker brought it out to the parking lot.

    The bank branch I go to is closest to where I live and there is no one there to do transactions in the parking lot.

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tony Marcelle

    Download the banks app and then snap a pic of the front and back of the check. It automatically deposits it in your account.

  • Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

    Call the number.  I'm sure they have a work around.

    I believe that number is to the bank headquarters, which I am guessing people go their to do other transactions but that wouldn't seem like that is the case since every bank branch is ATM machine only. I may give that number a call and see how they are going about doing business.

  • Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Tony Marcelle

    Download the banks app and then snap a pic of the front and back of the check. It automatically deposits it in your account.

    Oh so that's how it works. I may give that a try if that is what they are doing.

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 307 posts · 170 votes
    6y

    My tenant's have just been sending me a text message of the check. On the back they sign it for deposit only. I then print the front and back and deposit it thru my mobile app. Its honestly very easy. The app takes a pic of the front and back of the check and bing bang boom done. 

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tony Marcelle:
    Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

    Call the number.  I'm sure they have a work around.

    I believe that number is to the bank headquarters, which I am guessing people go their to do other transactions but that wouldn't seem like that is the case since every bank branch is ATM machine only. I may give that number a call and see how they are going about doing business.

    I've called/emailed my bank person since this started and I know they have people in the branch.  My tenants either pay by cheque which I deposit into the ATM or etransfer.  I know others who have gone into their branch as they need to pay bills and don't have internet. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Our local bank can do lobby services by appointment only. Otherwise they have drive through, Interactive teller, etc. Another bank we have an account at has drive through service only.

  • Rental Property Investor · Navarre, FL · Member since 2019 · 913 posts · 640 votes
    6y

    I just mail them to the bank with a letter asking them to deposit the check into my account. The hardest part is walking to the mail box and pushing that little red flag up. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.