Cash Out Refinance No Seasoning Second Home Loan

Cash Out Refinance No Seasoning Second Home Loan

Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hi All,

I recently closed on a property in Sedona, and am excited to be stepping foot into this market! I'm currently using a hard money loan for while I do a bedroom/bathroom add, with the plan to cash out refi on completion in a couple months. I've searched both the forum and the internet and seem to keep running into the dreaded 6 month seasoning period. Has anyone successfully found a local credit union, smaller bank, etc they've used to get around it. The criteria I'm hoping for would be the following:

-Jumbo loan ($1.2 mil ARV)

-80-90% LTV (hoping to use a 10% down second home loan if possible, as it will be a vacation home/self managed Airbnb)

-No seasoning (or light 3-4 month seasoning, as the intention is to be ready to refinance end of Jan/early Feb)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sedona, AZ · Member since 2017 · 754 posts · 504 votes
    4y

    Hi John.

    Typically on a no seasoning cash-out refinance, borrowers can pull cash back out of their recently purchased property if the purchase cash was from an acceptable source.

    Acceptable sources include:

    1. Cash from borrower's own financial accounts.
    2. Funds from a home equity line of credit.
    3. Funds from a personal loan.

    That being said, I can point you toward a few local MB's that may have access to private money sourced from more flexible lenders. But conventional/jumbo... you'll likely need 6+ months.

  • Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Chad McMahan that's what I figured might be the case, if you would be willing to send me a DM of a couple anyway I would appreciate it. There might be a couple ways to get creative and make it work.

    Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.