Zinsser or Kilz Primer for Cigarette smoke

Zinsser or Kilz Primer for Cigarette smoke

Dublin, CA · Member since 2020 · 69 posts · 15 votes

My newly purchase house has a Cigarette smoke from the previous owner. Ozone treatment and duct cleaning is done, it helped but still smoke is there. Next step is I am moving to get house paint with Zinsser or Kilz primer. Can someone point me extact product I should look into since there are many version of it. I could Kilz Restoration Interior Primer but not sure if this is going to work or should I look into Zinsser. Please advice.

0Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Have you washed the walls and ceilings with TSP? Next step would be to paint with Zinsser BIN, which would be better for this than the acrylic Zinsser 123 version. https://www.surepropainting.co...

  • Investor · Placitas, NM · Member since 2019 · 105 posts · 61 votes
    5y

    I would think the fabric in drapes or carpet would hold smoke as much or more than painted walls.  I assume you have cleaned the carpet and curtains?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.