Short Term Rental investment as a Digital Nomad

Short Term Rental investment as a Digital Nomad

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 5 votes

I'd love to buy property and use it as a Short Term Rental or even medium Term Rental so that I can use it for 6 months out of the year, and rent it the rest while I'm traveling.

I'm technically based in San Francisco, so I would like a property near the bay area. I was thinking somewhere in Tahoe or Santa Cruz, but I know there are some restrictions on STR per counties.

Which ares would be best?  any other advice on things that I should watch out for?  taxes implications (e.g accelerated depreciation) or other house hacks I could use?

Thanks!

1Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.