Does anyone invest in Vallejo, Fairfield or Vacaville?

Does anyone invest in Vallejo, Fairfield or Vacaville?

Real Estate Agent · Northern California · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 9 votes

Hello, 

       I am fairly new to Real Estate and i am preparing to be a rental property investor. I am looking for some experienced investors/mentors that i could possibly talk to by phone regarding our common interest in Real Estate investing in Northern California. i've decided to focus on the area of Vallejo, Fairfield and Vacaville. I've figured these areas are within range for managing them myself.

 Thank You,

 Nigel Ford

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 6 votes
7y

You’ll definitely want to do your research and crunch your numbers. I mostly know and prefer Vacaville. Market is pretty high. Vacancy rate is extremely low so that is good. Will need to make sure you either don’t buy houses in a flood zone or seriously budget for it as it is way more expensive than homeowners or dwelling insurance and only going up. You may want to look at increasing the value of your property and make it more attractive to renters or owners by adding on a mother in suite. I don’t know what building costs would look though. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    You’ll definitely want to do your research and crunch your numbers. I mostly know and prefer Vacaville. Market is pretty high. Vacancy rate is extremely low so that is good. Will need to make sure you either don’t buy houses in a flood zone or seriously budget for it as it is way more expensive than homeowners or dwelling insurance and only going up. You may want to look at increasing the value of your property and make it more attractive to renters or owners by adding on a mother in suite. I don’t know what building costs would look though. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Northern California · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    Hi Erica, 

    Thank you so much for your feedback. I was not aware of the flood zone scenario in Vacaville, what would you say is a good resource for learning the market better in these areas?

    Thanks, Nigel

  • Investor · El Dorado Hills · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Nigel Ford did you ever end up buying in this area?

  • Real Estate Broker · San Jose, Dublin CA and Florida · Member since 2017 · 165 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    @Varun Chauhan - I ended up buying in vacaville area and have helped few folks buy in the area as well.

  • Real Estate Agent · Vacaville, CA · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Rick Trivedi am a local realtor getting started with my own investments. Would live to have some coffee and pick your brain a bit

  • Real Estate Broker · San Jose, Dublin CA and Florida · Member since 2017 · 165 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    Feel free to DM, happy to connect. @Phil Clark

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.