First time home buyer in LA advice and recommendation for remodel

First time home buyer in LA advice and recommendation for remodel

Member since 2018 · 35 posts · 7 votes

Hey folks, my wife and I are circling a historical home in LA (1930's) that needs to be updated.  

has anyone on BP done this with a historical house? 

Anyone have experience with the Mills Act?

Can you recommend a GC to do a walk through with me for an estimate?

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Appraiser · Isabella lake, CA · Member since 2018 · 628 posts · 491 votes
    7y

    You can find a lot of info at

    http://zimas.lacity.org/

    Links to the HPOZ info, laws, etc.

    I don't really have experience beyond appraising a house or 2 that was in a HPOZ but not a contribtiung feature. So, not eligible for any special treatment. If it was listed as contributing I would turn the job down due to lack of experinece with historic property. Hope this helps, good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.