Advice on outdoor steps leading up to studio apartment

Advice on outdoor steps leading up to studio apartment

Ronnie S.Pro Member
Investor · Coeur d Alene, ID · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 29 votes

Hi Biggerpocket Team!

I am putting the finishing touches on a studio apartment that was built over my garage.

It has unfinished wooden steps leading up to it now but I would like to find out what everyone is covering their steps with.

My contractor suggested tile....but I think there are more cons than pros to putting tile on steps.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you...

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Ronnie S., are the steps inside or outside? Are the stringers and risers open of closed? Can you throw up a picture?

    I agree with you that tile is not a great idea. What about metal? Diamond plate or similar? Will last forever.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.