Any opinions on Redlands, CA? Or Riverside?

Any opinions on Redlands, CA? Or Riverside?

Corona, CA · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 12 votes

Hey everybody,

I am looking to purchase my first investment property soon. Fairly new graduate and packing away the savings right now to get my first purchase in (No prior experience in REI. However, I have been reading books for a while and work at an online mortgage lender. So have some but very minimal knowledge in the REI world). I am starting to do my due diligence and trying to lock down a location. Hoping to get a 2-3 unit property but open to SFH as well.

I have always been interested in Riverside. I went to school there and feel it is in a great central location for Southern California. However, as most of you know who live/invest there, it is not the most glamorous place (As of right now. Believe that could change). However, I feel like Redlands is a beautiful place but not as great of an overall location in Socal.  

Any opinions on this? Or any tips for what I should start doing/looking into? Totally open to any suggestions and would LOVE any help/advice you can give. Like I said, I have pretty much zero knowledge in the REI world so I would love to hear from the pros!

Best,

Elijah

0Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y

@Elijah Householder actually I believe you can break into the nicer areas in Riverside for under $400k, you'll be looking at 1500 sqft SFRs but that is just fine.  In particular, Orangecrest, Woodcrest, and Sycamore Highlands.  Those properties don't come up all the time so you need to be patient, because there are only a few models in this price range.  I've actually done this just last year, so it is possible.  You might also include Mentone in your Redlands search as it uses most of the same services and can at times be a bit cheaper for the nicer homes.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Eric HuangPro Member
    Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Elijah Householder

    These are two great areas to look if you are looking for investment properties. I would definitely keep it to where you know. I was just looking at properties in both areas and ended up purchasing a two unit in Riverside for around $400k. It definitely can still be done even in this hot housing environment. You just have to keep looking and follow your review process. I think we looked at well over 100 listings on the MLS and saw about 10 in person before buying. Hope this helps.

  • Riverside, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Is Tennessee good market to invest in rental homes

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.