California Central Coast Investment Opportunities

California Central Coast Investment Opportunities

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes

I am located in Nipomo (California Central Coast) and looking for investment properties somewhere nearby, just to get in the door. We live in the houses above the Santa Maria speedway - we bought both of our houses at the right time and have a good amount of equity to play with. Due to Covid and the hot market right now, it has been difficult to find good deals. Also, nothing seems to follow the 2% rule in this area. I would love to chat with other investors and get thoughts/opinions! Always good to start somewhere!

1Reply
36 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Merced, CA · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 115 votes
    5y

    @Kimberly Ingham, 

    I recommend that you get a HELOC now while asset prices are high so that you're ready to strike when an opportunity presents itself. You may run into trouble obtaining one during a downturn in housing.

    We live on the Monterey Peninsula so we are in the same boat... pun intended!

    Cheers,

    TJ

  • Alex BekezaBusiness Member
    Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Kimberly Ingham I'm actually hoping to move up to the Paso Robles/Atascadero area in the next few months here myself.  Right now I'm just North of LA but I'm funding deals all over the state and can tell you that you'll have more success finding cash flowing rentals a little outside of your area.  Think Bakersfield, Visalia, Tulare, Fresno, etc.  Let me know if you need a realtor referral, I know a handful out there who are also investors. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.