Up and Coming Real Estate CPA (Looking for Mentor!!!)

Up and Coming Real Estate CPA (Looking for Mentor!!!)

Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone!!

I am a Big 4 CPA specialized in the insurance / reinsurance industry who has recently became a partner in an up-and-coming real estate company based in Columbus OH. We have profitably flipped multiple residential properties and are now started to look into bigger and better deals. I am specifically looking for a MENTOR who is also a CPA but is a bit more well-versed in the real estate industry (residential / commercial). I'm looking for advice on tax preparation, financial statement building and ideas to advance a small business to the next level! Please feel free to DM me or ask for my contact information.

Best,

John Riedel. CPA, MBA

2Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Jaycee GreenePro Member
Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
10mo
Quote from @John Riedel:

@Jaycee Greene - thanks for commenting + clarifying. It is more connected to managing my development business. I'm looking to further deepen my understanding of real estate accounting from a book and tax perspective as well as connect with other CPAs to share experiences. I am not entirely sure if this is the right platform to do so - what are your thoughts?

@John Riedel That's very helpful...I'm not a CPA, so I'd have to refer you to my guy here on the Forum, @Joshua Thompson out of Dallas.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @John Riedel:

    Hello everyone!!

    I am a Big 4 CPA specialized in the insurance / reinsurance industry who has recently became a partner in an up-and-coming real estate company based in Columbus OH. We have profitably flipped multiple residential properties and are now started to look into bigger and better deals. I am specifically looking for a MENTOR who is also a CPA but is a bit more well-versed in the real estate industry (residential / commercial). I'm looking for advice on tax preparation, financial statement building and ideas to advance a small business to the next level! Please feel free to DM me or ask for my contact information.

    Best,

    John Riedel. CPA, MBA

    Hey @John Riedel, welcome to the BP Forum! I might be able to help you, but how does your advice request connect with real estate investments? Or is it more connected to managing your development business?

    • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      10mo

      @Jaycee Greene - thanks for commenting + clarifying. It is more connected to managing my development business. I'm looking to further deepen my understanding of real estate accounting from a book and tax perspective as well as connect with other CPAs to share experiences. I am not entirely sure if this is the right platform to do so - what are your thoughts?

    • Remington LymanBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @John Riedel:

      @Jaycee Greene - thanks for commenting + clarifying. It is more connected to managing my development business. I'm looking to further deepen my understanding of real estate accounting from a book and tax perspective as well as connect with other CPAs to share experiences. I am not entirely sure if this is the right platform to do so - what are your thoughts?


       Are you looking for CPAs specific to Columbus, Ohio? I have one I can refer you to but not sure if he does consultant or mentorship work

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @John Riedel:

      @Jaycee Greene - thanks for commenting + clarifying. It is more connected to managing my development business. I'm looking to further deepen my understanding of real estate accounting from a book and tax perspective as well as connect with other CPAs to share experiences. I am not entirely sure if this is the right platform to do so - what are your thoughts?

      @John Riedel That's very helpful...I'm not a CPA, so I'd have to refer you to my guy here on the Forum, @Joshua Thompson out of Dallas.

    • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      10mo

      @Remington Lyman - Columbus Ohio is where all of our projects are located, but many of my thoughts and questions revolve around topics which are not location specific. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10mo

    As a CPA/MBA we're looking to you for expertise.

    Just joking....always good to work for people smarter than you that can and is willing to share their knowledge.   Is there any kind of CPA association that meets for lunch and networking in your area?

    You might also start asking people in the area who are the top 10 real estate investors in your area.  Then call them and ask who their CPA is and if they like them or not.  Then just work up the food chain.

    Good luck and best wishes.

    • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 4 votes
      10mo

      @Bruce Lynn haha totally agreed with you. I'm really looking for another CPA who has been in the industry and understands the intricacies of the more complex accounting topics that present themselves as we execute bigger and more complex transactions.

      This is great advice though Bruce. I will start poking around to see what I can find. 

  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    John - welcome! I'm a real estate cpa and investor myself. Would be happy to have a conversation with you and see if I can help you along your journey. Feel free to reach out. I'm based in Chicago 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.