Told to scrap investing

Told to scrap investing

Real Estate Investor · West Haven, Connecticut (CT) · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 3 votes

just checking others with experience here in CT. i am trying to put together my team to get me going toward my first purchase and stumbled with the first member... the agent. in speaking to them (known the person a long time) they warned in the strongest of terms to not do anything in CT for at least another year as things are looking grim (jobs, people leaving, etc.). the person also went on about the bottom not being reached here while other states are flourishing. does this seem to jibe with what you guys are seeing or should i look for another agent to help me out?

0Reply
89 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

Regarding "...they warned in the strongest of terms to not do anything in CT for at least another year as things are looking grim (jobs, people leaving, etc.)." What I would do, and people that know how I post, is ask for the facts behind their conclusion. I heard a similar type comment from a 'reasonable' person in NC. I basically challenged their conclusion. Although they were irritated that I inquired for their 'sources', I did get enough detail to explore on my own. Turns out, for their county, they weren't too far off. I learned a lot and found out I didn't want to be in that particular area of NC.

So, listen and probe. You don't have to agree, but you should get the details so you can make an informed decision.

My 2 cents.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    There is plenty of opportunity in CT. You just need to know where to look and how to buy. Mistakes can be made in any market temperature regardless of economic factors. 

    I am mainly based out of Fairfield County but I do business in New Haven county as well. If you need an agent that understands the business, metrics and local markets please feel free to reach out at anytime. I have helped many on BP get their start. 

    Michael

  • Real Estate Broker · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2015 · 312 posts · 231 votes
    9y

    Cannot speak for every corner of CT, but will agree with @Michael Kovac completely - plenty of opportunity. I work primarily out of Fairfield County and volume/prices are pretty healthy here.

    Looking at an entire state like that is never a good idea - in just about any state! Find another agent. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.