Votes |
First Investment: Financing fell through, 2 weeks to close

Ryan Luby
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • CT
Posted May 8 2018, 16:35

Bp Community I need some help..

I am looking for any specific info/ advice for what I could do.

Long story long, I got a pre-approval for over 150k from my bank, then made offers looking for personal investment properties, got one accepted on a duplex in my hometown.

2-unit Multi-fam List price: 180k

Accepted bid: 145k

2 Unit-gross monthly rents: $2,100/ month (tenants pay utilities)

Both units are below market rent

100% Occupied, no work needed but if improved rents can be raised more and ARV would go up

Almost identical house right next door appraised this year at 205k

As stated I got a pre-approval and pre-qualification for 150k before even looking for a house.

I have enough for 20% down, and I have over 10k for emergency cash reserves.

I have a W-2 job, and over 735 credit score...

I have plenty of real estate experience, an agents license, a contractors license...

The bank had all this info up front. I explained everything about what I needed and the kind of lender I was looking for they said they were serious and handle investment properties all the time, they said everything would be good and of course then I couldn't get a straight answer from them on the status of my loan for weeks. Had to extend my closing date, now two weeks to close they called and said they can't lend to me because I don't have enough cash reserves.

I am looking for any info on how I can make this work, I called as many banks and credit unions in the state looking for someone who can help before settling with this one bank who really sold me that they can handle everything I was looking for and now I am worried I will not be able to extend closing again, and will lose the deal.

Do hard money lenders lend on situations like this?

I am confident in this opportunity and have worked hard to get it to this point, but I amlooking for any help on how I could close the deal.

Any advice is appreciated,

PM me if you want to talk more

Thanks

Loading replies...