Insurance Needed for Flip/Flop; Insurance Broker Recommendations

Insurance Needed for Flip/Flop; Insurance Broker Recommendations

Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 7 votes

Hi everyone, any recommendations for an insurance broker in CT who provides policies for fix and flip properties? My insurance company noted they do not specialize in coverage for buildings in the renovation process.

0Reply
1 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    7y

    @Thomas Kareeparampil

    I have only done one flip, so I don't have a lot of experience, but I got a vacant home policy through Andrew Borner at Olde Liberty. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Thomas Kareeparampil What you are probably looking for is a general liability policy to cover your LLC during the rehab and a builders risk policy for the buildiung itself. That is the common insurance structure we use when rehabbing properties here in Connecticut. PM me if you need some recommendations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.